as published on National Library of Medicine:
” We set out to investigate the effect of date fruit (Phoenix dactylifera) consumption on labour parameters and delivery outcomes. Between 1 February 2007 and 31 January 2008 at Jordan University of Science and Technology, a prospective study was carried out on 69 women who consumed six date fruits per day for 4 weeks prior to their estimated date of delivery, compared with 45 women who consumed none. There was no significant difference in gestational age, age and parity between the two groups. The women who consumed date fruit had significantly higher mean cervical dilatation upon admission compared with the non-date fruit consumers (3.52 cm vs 2.02 cm, p < 0.0005), and a significantly higher proportion of intact membranes (83% vs 60%, p = 0.007). Spontaneous labour occurred in 96% of those who consumed dates, compared with 79% women in the non-date fruit consumers (p = 0.024). Use of prostin/oxytocin was significantly lower in women who consumed dates (28%), compared with the non-date fruit consumers (47%) (p = 0.036). The mean latent phase of the first stage of labour was shorter in women who consumed date fruit compared with the non-date fruit consumers (510 min vs 906 min, p = 0.044). It is concluded that the consumption of date fruit in the last 4 weeks before labour significantly reduced the need for induction and augmentation of labour, and produced a more favourable, but non-significant, delivery outcome. The results warrant a randomised controlled trial. ”
Labor Bars™ – Date Fruit Snack Bars
$5.00 – $144.88
Labor Bars™ are delicious date fruit snack bars with a rich nutrition profile that can possibly assist in significantly reducing the need for induction and augmentation of labor and potentially produce a more favorable delivery outcome.
- Labor Bars™ are great for pregnant women/expecting mothers and make a great snack and sugar substitute. Our bars are a healthy snack for diabetics and high blood pressure or heart patients. Labor Bars™ are rich in fiber, potassium, magnesium, iron, copper, manganese and Vitamin B6
In addition to being healthy Labor Bars™ are sticky and sweet and ridiculously delicious! They are loaded with dates which naturally have a deep caramel flavor, and that is sure to make your taste buds rejoice! The ancient fruit is a product of date palms, a flowering palm tree found in arid places like the Middle East, Northern Africa, India, and California. Quality guaranteed!
EACH LABOR BAR HAS 35G of DATES. It’s suggested to Eat 1 or more bar daily during and after pregnancy for various nutritional benefits and a healthy boost of regenerative energy, eat 2 or more bars daily after 36 weeks!
Included in box:
- 1-80 Labor Bars™
- Organic Dates (35G per bar): Dates are high in fiber and antioxidants. Their nutritional benefits may support brain health, prevent disease, and promote natural labor. Dates also work great as a laxative and help digestion. This makes dates a handy snack if you need to make a bowel movement (especially for pregnant women). Dates are helpful in this regard because of their fiber content.
- Organic Oats: Oats are among the healthiest grains on earth. They’re a gluten-free whole grain and a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. Studies show that oats have many health benefits. These include weight loss, lower blood sugar levels, and a reduced risk of heart disease.
- Organic Honey: Consuming honey daily can offer health benefits such as antioxidants, better wound healing, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Almonds: Almonds contain lots of healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium and vitamin E. The health benefits of almonds include lower blood sugar levels, reduced blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels. They can also reduce hunger and promote weight loss.
- Organic Coconut: Both coconut and almonds are high in calories, dietary fiber, iron and potassium. Almond has more thiamin, riboflavin, niacin and Vitamin B6. Almond is an excellent source of Vitamin E, calcium and protein
- Cashews: Cashews are low in sugar and rich in fiber, heart-healthy fats, and plant protein. They’re also a good source of copper, magnesium, and manganese — nutrients important for energy production, brain health, immunity, and bone health.
- Organic Dark chocolate: 7 Proven Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate
- Very nutritious.
- Powerful source of antioxidants.
- May improve blood flow and lower blood pressure.
- Raises HDL and protects LDL from oxidation.
- May reduce heart disease risk.
- May protect your skin from the sun.
- Could improve brain function.
- Natural Peanut butter or Almond butter (depending on your selection):
- Peanut butter, is loaded with so many good, health-promoting nutrients, including vitamin E, magnesium, iron, selenium and vitamin B6. Research shows that people who regularly eat nuts and nut butter, including peanut butter, are less likely to develop heart disease and type 2 diabetes
- Almond butter is high in monounsaturated fats. Monounsaturated fats help to lower LDL (“bad”) cholesterol and raise HDL (“good”) cholesterol. Many other nutrients in almond butter also help improve your heart health and lower your risk for heart disease. Omega-3 fatty acids help prevent irregular heart rhythms.
peanut butter, almond butter
2, 10, 20, 80